There are so many ways to incorporate timber look tiles into your home. You can use them in your floors, walls, splashbacks, and even in your furniture. Timber look tiles can add a warm, natural look to any room in your home.
But first, what are timber look tiles? Just as you’d image, they are porcelain tiles that look like real wood from real trees. Using modern manufacturing techniques, they look and feel very much like the real thing. The texture is amazing. Come in and feel for yourself.
Being manufactured products, they come in a range of handy widths and lengths, to suit any application and any setting.
THE BENEFITS OF TIMBER LOOK TILES
There’s a surprisingly long list!
- Easy to clean
- Ultra low maintenance - they don't require waxing or sealing
- Water resistant, so tiles can be used in wet areas without risk of wood rot or staining
- Resistant to fading
- Long lasting, ideal in high traffic areas such as the kitchen and family room
- Ideal for folks with allergies because tiles won't harbour pollen or dust or dust mites
- Can be used indoors as well as outdoors, allowing you to have unified theme throughout your home or business.
- Eco-friendly. Really? Yes, because turning a cut log into timber flooring involves dangerous and polluting chemicals such as stains and wood finishes. Also worth remembering: sealants give off toxic VOCs (volatile organic compounds) in your home. Contrast that with tiles that are produced using all-natural ingredients (sand, clay, feldspar, and water), with no toxins.
FLOORS AND WALLS
And the range of wood-look tile products is extensive, mind-blowing almost. Many of them are well suited as both wall and floor tiles.
AS KITCHEN SPLASHBACKS
Timber-look tiles can also spark up your kitchen decor in a way that’s rarely seen. Instead of the conventional glass splashback that we see so often, imagine a kitchen splashback that looks just like the log cabin you’d love to live in if you could.
Of course, there are so many other designs too…
SO MANY ADORABLE DESIGNS
Variations include the texture of the tile, its colour, and a vast range of shades and patterns, including...
* the parquet look
* old reclaimed wood texture
* natural wood, that looks just like honey maple flooring, for example
* a darker shade such as the ebony look
* the fluted look of narrow vertical timber strips
* the distressed wood look
* freshly milled pine from the forest, and many more.
TIMBER LOOK TILES AS FEATURE WALLS
Make a strong statement with a wood-look tile feature wall, or a feature panel within a conventional wall. They can add warmth and character to any room. You can use them in your living room, dining room, or the family room.
There are so many ways to incorporate timber look tiles into your home!
TIMBER LOOK TILES IN THE BATHROOM
Now here’s an idea. Check out the stunning wood look tiles now available in a range of timber looks for the wall paneling in your bathroom.
Now that’s how to create a feature wall or a bathtub surround that really is a feature!
CONTEMPORARY OR TRADITIONAL LOOK?
Wood look tile is popular when you're looking for a traditional design. But they also look good in other themes, such as contemporary, urban industrial, or a Scandinavian-influenced design.
These days, with modern industrial technology, timber-look wall and floor tiles are a stylish aesthetic that’s available in a huge range of styles, textures and colours – and with so many practical benefits.